Warhammer 40K

As with all things, the first step must be made somewhere.

This is mine. Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000.

When I was younger, I used to collect whatever was flavour of the month. My cupboard was stuffed with elves, Eldar, Dark Angels, Brettonians... whatever was in White Dwarf that week. They were all the same paint scheme: Chaos Black spray, with grey bits of plastic showing through, and red and green splattered on top. It was a theme collection.

The special characters were privileged to have lead metal patches, not sullied by mere common paint. This showed their status.

It's still popular these days, even though the prices are shockingly high. It's as good a place as any to begin my Heroes Quest to Hobby shop, especially as Games Workshop is already established in my area. Clearly there is a market, and I can use that to get a foothold into business.

First, I must get myself involved in the hobby.

I'm diving head first into the Starter box set.

Woo! Dark Angels!

(Also thanks to http://www.live-av.info/warhammer/warhammer-2nd-edition for the image. Feel free to steal images mercilessly from my site in return.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marine Paint Planner

Painting Guide: Blood Angels, perfecting the colour scheme

The Complete Blood Angels Beginner Guide: Troops