Who am I?


Well, it happened. I turned 30.

You honestly don't think it will happen to you until it does. The inevitable ticking of time nudges you on past jobs, trips, relationships, marriage and your first kid being born, until you get to that surprise birthday cake with 30 on it.

Mine had lightsabers. This is probably all you need to know about me.

But if you need more; I have a steady job. I have a wife. I have a son who learnt how to talk just a few months ago. I am a teacher (and a Physics teacher at that). I am also a colossal nerd.

In short, I'm fairly average to the mundane, with my unique quirk being the same as that spectacled kid in school with his nose deep in the Terry Pratchett novel, calculator sticking out of his top pocket. Except I don't even have glasses.

I'm content. Happy. I've made it, more or less. I'm not going to starve any time soon. I may not ever have 7 Aston Martins in the drive (one for each day of the week), but I don't have to worry about wasting change at the car park ticket machine either.

But I'm not done yet. I want to own a hobby shop.

You see, in my area there are very few places for geeks to go and, well, geek. Games Workshop is here, and they sell manga and the odd comic book in Waterstones. There was an old game shop, but that last refuge of Dungeons and Dragons boarded up it's windows years ago.

I want to have a haven for the geeky. I have no idea how to do it though. As with all my projects, I will write a blog about getting there. It helps me to stay focused, and get support from an uncaring internet, just itching to tell me how much I'm doing it wrong.

So here goes.

Hobby shop or bust!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marine Paint Planner

Painting Guide: Blood Angels, perfecting the colour scheme

The Complete Blood Angels Beginner Guide: Troops