News about refunding your codex: The Good and the Bad





The good news is, that Games Workshop just announced that you have a bit of extra time to get a refund voucher for your Codex. You have until this Friday (May 5th 2017).


The bad news is that they won't refund Gathering Storm, as commenter Nick told us:


They will not refund the Gathering Storm books, this is the reply I have gotten today :

"Hi Nick,

I am really sorry, but The Gathering Storm books are not part of the voucher offer, this is because they are 90% narrative which is still awesome and hopefully you will continue to enjoy going forwards.
Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Kind regards,



How would you rate my reply?
Great Okay Not Good

--
Santiago
uk.custserv@gwplc.com"


I find this a very weak excuse (because you needed to buy the Gathering Storm books if you wanted to use Guilliman in your games and GW knows prefectly well that the books that sold the most the 8 weeks prior before the 8th edition announcement were the Gathering Storm books. Total ripoff !



I was afraid they'd say that, making the one Gathering Storm book I got the most expensive novel I've ever bought (and one of the shortest). Seeing as how I've only gotten two games out of the units and formations out of it also mean it's one of the poorest value for money codexes I've ever bought... as everything in it will be redundant shortly.


I want to think of this as the last vestige of Old Games Workshop dipping it's hand into my wallet for one last cash grab, and hope for a brighter future in 8th Edition. I hope that this is the last gasp of old Sales policies, just as Death from the Skies was the last gasp of over complicated rules for the sake of it.


Ironic that the entire galaxy is gone to hell in a hand basket, and yet I still hold out hope. Even in a grim dark future, and despite all past evidence to the contrary.


Tzeentch would be proud.


Until next time!



Thanks for reading.

If you liked what you saw, and you want to help out, please leave a comment. Sharing this with your friends, and following me on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ would also be hugely appreciated.

If you have anything you want me to look at, let me know in the comments below. I'll probably be able to write an article about that topic within a day!

If you really love what I do here, you can make a one off donation at my PayPal, or become a true hero to table top education and make a regular donation to my Patreon. Every Little helps!

Comments

  1. I have gotten a very similar response when trying to get a refund for the Tau Mont'Ka book. For those who don't know this is actually a pack of two books, one narrative and one totally containing rules.

    I have challenged their decision as this book is 50% rules, while I have yet to take a codex off my shelf that is not 50% rules or less. For example: Codex space marines is 111pages of background and 200 pages long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Fall of cadia is 99pages of fluff out of 136 (70%), while the imperial knight codex is 97pages of fluff out of 120 (80%)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting!

      It's certainly frustrating. I don't know why they bothered with working on these rules if they knew they'd be redundant in less than a year. Let me know how your challenge goes, and I'll put up an update for people... although I suspect the response will come after the Friday deadline.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marine Paint Planner

Painting Guide: Blood Angels, perfecting the colour scheme

The Complete Blood Angels Beginner Guide: Troops