Pre-Order up for Primaris Captain and Librarian!

And by the Emperor, how they justify the price is beyond me!



primaris captain price 40k
£22.50 for a single infantry model!
I know this is a new model, and that the models in Dark Imperium have probably been sold at a loss for Games Workshop... but you can't justify the Primaris Captain there for £22.50. There's nothing special enough to justify it. It's essentially the sergeant model for the Intecessors with a cape.


Whilst I've been praising GW's prices and box sets lately, this is one purchase I can't justify. Get it if you have your heart set on decorative ropes and strangely suggestive dangly features between the models legs, but if that's what you want just stick with the Gravis-armour captain in Dark Imperium.
Primaris gravis-armour captain warhammer 40k
See the bone between his legs?
Weapons are better too. The benefit I can see for the Primaris Captain is having a long-range backline buff commander. The options for him are bolt rifle or bolt rifle, or power sword or no power sword.



space marine primaris captain bolter options
Scope or drum magazine...
So without harping on too much about it, probably not worth your pennies. The Librarian though...



Old image from Warhammer Community

Slightly better in that there's nothing in the current Primaris Line up that can be reasonably converted into a librarian, it's still fairly steepat £22.50. I can't deny it looks good though.


primaris space marine librarian 40k details
Jedi mind trick pose
It's really just the head detail and robes that set it apart. It's very reminiscent of the Dark Vengeance Librarian.



space marine librarian Dark Vengeance
More ropes and dangly things between legs...
The problem is that there is no other way to get psychic muscle for your Primaris Space Marines. You'll just have to justify to yourself that such an expensive model is equivalent in table top presence to a similar points cost infantry unit with ten times more models.

Worth your pennies, but still something hard to get permission for from the person that controls my personal model budget (re: The Wife). Not even going to attempt to justify that to the school bursar. Stuff like this is the very reason I created the blog, and why I'm asking for Patreon or Paypal donations.

Until next time!

Thanks for reading.

If you liked what you saw, and you want to help out, please leave a comment. Sharing this with your friends, and following me on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ would also be hugely appreciated.

If you have anything you want me to look at, let me know in the comments below. I'll probably be able to write an article about that topic within a day!

If you really love what I do here, you can make a one off donation at my PayPal, or become a true hero to table top education and make a regular donation to my Patreon. Every Little helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marine Paint Planner

Painting Guide: Blood Angels, perfecting the colour scheme

The Complete Blood Angels Beginner Guide: Troops