The best end of year gift for a teacher: Battlefield Terrain

Simply the best end of term gift I've ever received, and that includes the bottle of champagne so expensive I had to declare it for tax purposes.


As I was packing up my classroom after a hard day of getting students to learn about projectile motion (we played with water bottle rockets), two students of mine walked in carrying this thing between them:



warhammer 40k terrain
It's a battlefield!!


Okay, it's made of cardboard and newspaper, and the glue is still drying, but how many teachers can claim to have gotten a hand made battlefield terrain set from their students! Here's some close ups:



warhammer 40k terrain
Looking down on those corpse-worshippers


warhammer 40k terrain
Looking up from the dreadnought bunker


warhammr 40k terrain
Eagle eye view of combatants


warhammer 40k terrain
View of the Traitor's Gate
Teacher pay is not great, no matter where you work. There's certainly no bonus pay for good years or good results.


But you do get gems like this, which I don't think other professions do.


Good to be a teacher sometimes.



Okay, back to work. I'm on duty in the house, and won't finish until 10.30pm.


Until next time.


Thanks for reading.

If you liked what you saw, and you want to help out, please leave a comment. Sharing this with your friends, and following me on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ would also be hugely appreciated.

If you have anything you want me to look at, let me know in the comments below. I'll probably be able to write an article about that topic within a day!

If you really love what I do here, you can make a one off donation at my PayPal, or become a true hero to table top education and make a regular donation to my Patreon. Every Little helps!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marine Paint Planner

Painting Guide: Blood Angels, perfecting the colour scheme

The Complete Blood Angels Beginner Guide: Troops